Welcome to our Tutorials section! We are working hard to bring you high quality and interesting tutorials. Also check out the tutorials forum if you have any problems or want to make a request. Also, if the text in the code samples is too small, click here for an explanation.
The Android NDK is a companion tool to the Android SDK that lets you build performance-critical portions of your apps in native code. If you write native code, your applications are still packaged into an .apk file and they still run inside of a virtual machine on the device. The fundamental Android application model does not change.
First thing to do:
The PreferenceActivity class is a very easy way to create a standard looking settings screen for any application.
Minimal coding is required. The values are stored in SharedPreferences automatically by the PreferenceActivity.
The list of settings, default values, keys to stored under are defined in a very simple xml file.
The xml file should be located in res/xml/ directory and look like something like this:
Connecting to Facebook from an Android application is not as easy, as it looks. This guide will help you through some problems that you will propably encounter, with a clear and simple solution.
Creating an application that does not appear among the launchable applications with an icon is easy.
Just do not put a launcher activity into AndroidManifest.xml
A few days ago Gabor made an article about communicating between activites. I'm currently working on a pet project that uses Oauth with the google data api, where I had to get a response from the browser, so let's take a look at communicating between an activity and a browser.
Starting a new activity from another and passing some data to it is a simple and basic thing in android. But if you want an already running activity to come to foreground, and pass data to it, it can be a bit tricky.
First of all by default if you call an activity with an intent, a new istance of that activity will be created and displayed, even if another instance is already running. To avoid this the activity must be flagged that, it should not be instantiated multiple times. To...
To get this thing working, just follow these steps:
1. First thing to do is changing the default character set of your SQL database and its tables to UTF-8.
2. Your Php file should look something like this:
- $connection = mysql_connect("server_ip_address"...
Writing logs into logcat from yuor application is quite easy, reading the logcat programmatically is just a bit more tricky.
Reading logs is usually used for bugreport purposes.
Here is a little tutorial on checking users flash version. It comes in handy, if you want to use flash content in your app. Flash lite can cause some problems, so this snippet is also about that...
In this tutorial I'll show you a way to remote control your android device via Wifi, Lan, Internet or Usb.
You'll need 2 applications installed on a rooted device, and another client software installed on your pc or another phone.
First, go to market, and install and open this application:
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Reverse Engineering IOS or Android APP by vw7468783vw
- Write an Android application by vinu121280
- Write some Software by vw7468783vw
- Write an Android - iPhone application whith geolocation and video capabilities by akoynadeis
- Fullstack React Native Mobile App for iOS & Android with Node.Js backend by esuite
- Write an iPhone application by errahulka
- Write an Android application by eusuff
- An application which helps people avoid heavy traffic. by janinepatillas28
- Help me with a 5 minute android task by codehelp87
- Mom's Organizer and Family Planner by bjkulkarni