Using Facebook SDK in Android development, Part 1.
Connecting to Facebook from an Android application is not as easy, as it looks. This guide will help you through some problems that you will propably encounter, with a clear and simple solution.
First of all, download the official Facebook SDK from this site: https://github.com/facebook/fa
After that, create an application in this http://www.facebook.com/develo
You need to create the key hash value of your signature and your android debugkeystore (for the develop stage), and than add them to your Facebook Application, in the application site. (Edit Settings -> Mobile and Devices section)
To do this, we need Openssl, download from: http://code.google.com/p/opens
To create this hash values, you need to navigate to your JAVA jdk folder, where the keytool.exe is. (In my case, in windows is: c:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk 1.6.0_24\bin)
Copy your debug.keystore to there from the (in my case) c:\Users\MyUserName\.android folder. In the jdk/bin folder, open a command prompt, and execute the following:
(Use your openssl folder, and hit enter when asking password)
Navigate to the openssl/bin folder, and we have a debug.txt here, which contains the keystore values, but not in the expected format! Open a command promt from there, and execute the following commands:
- openssl sha1 -binary debug.txt > debug_sha.txt
- openssl base64 -in debug_sha.txt > debug_base64.txt
And now we are DONE! The debug_base64.txt contains the hash value, we need to copy it to the application site, in the Mobile and Devices section.
You need to do the this hash creating flow with your signature too, to make working apk-s!
Finally we can start coding... In the next part!
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an Android application by greenali1983
- Review and document existing messaging app by sumalus
- Modify existing Android app for visual edits (for Sunxiyong0116 only) by sumalus
- Mobile development by afriwood
- Mobile development by garywelt31
- Mobile development by Fredoko
- Write an iPhone application by nutzaudio
- Write an Android application by goyalchiranjeev1
- Android & IOS App by DigiWhizz
- Mobile development by emrys919