Using Facebook SDK in Android development, Part 1.
Connecting to Facebook from an Android application is not as easy, as it looks. This guide will help you through some problems that you will propably encounter, with a clear and simple solution.
First of all, download the official Facebook SDK from this site: https://github.com/facebook/fa
After that, create an application in this http://www.facebook.com/develo
You need to create the key hash value of your signature and your android debugkeystore (for the develop stage), and than add them to your Facebook Application, in the application site. (Edit Settings -> Mobile and Devices section)
To do this, we need Openssl, download from: http://code.google.com/p/opens
To create this hash values, you need to navigate to your JAVA jdk folder, where the keytool.exe is. (In my case, in windows is: c:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk 1.6.0_24\bin)
Copy your debug.keystore to there from the (in my case) c:\Users\MyUserName\.android folder. In the jdk/bin folder, open a command prompt, and execute the following:
(Use your openssl folder, and hit enter when asking password)
Navigate to the openssl/bin folder, and we have a debug.txt here, which contains the keystore values, but not in the expected format! Open a command promt from there, and execute the following commands:
- openssl sha1 -binary debug.txt > debug_sha.txt
- openssl base64 -in debug_sha.txt > debug_base64.txt
And now we are DONE! The debug_base64.txt contains the hash value, we need to copy it to the application site, in the Mobile and Devices section.
You need to do the this hash creating flow with your signature too, to make working apk-s!
Finally we can start coding... In the next part!
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Fix bug of android app by mananbirsingh
- Mobile development by samyrhf
- Write an Android application by kabir007008
- Need to make Health Care Application for Organizational and Efficient System Improvement by Atinder777
- Write an Android application by harshveersidhu
- Make changes and add some other feature on my android code by amigainformatic
- Mobile development -- 3 by nomeyprince
- uber clone app in ionic ready script much welcome by sganeshkrishnait
- Write an Android application by jacinvestmentsco
- Mobile development by misbahhussain5