Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- create iPhone addicting game by vickov
- Mobile App Developer by shaymeoded
- Android Data Collector by mitterertux
- Simple Android app to tell ticket if is valid or not by digitecbr
- Write an iPad application by funnyfunny2020
- Instant Messaging App by villatech
- Add xmpp chat to already existing app by jituiitm
- android app for travel by netsoft12
- i need a titanuim a project to be made with titanuim studio by albaity
- best androd developers by netsoft12