Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Community Application for a Social Enterprise by gottalovelogan
- Build an Android version of my application by gottalovelogan
- Mobile development -- 2 by brijtrikha
- simple CRM mobile app with web backend by Willies12
- Crear una aplicación para Android by Quacrom
- Mobile development by mdebelentest001
- Desenvolver um aplicativo para o Android by LeandraSilva
- Desenvolver um site by duguinha
- Mobile development -- 39432 by webQA
- Write an Android application by amitga1982