Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an Android application by Edenenoiteeho
- Receive MMS programatically by gronnie
- Write an Android applications by Edenenoiteeho
- application like whatsapp for android by fb54c41b0395716
- Linphone Mobile Dialer customization by jakubzych87
- Mobile Development by maddys22
- Write an Android application like Boobe by swajantalukdar
- Game created, similar to duck hunt however instead of ducks, I want to use restaurant logos. -- 2 by alikhaled966
- I need Non-incent USA andriod app installs - open to bidding by hpss86
- Develop a selfie app for ios , filters, shapes by stevehere