Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- An Android application to find the hospitals in the local city - repost 2 by eliteimagination
- Web Services Created for Mobile Apps by Mashup
- Android Application for donating, sharing and spreading smiles by kriti08
- Testing for Android Mobile App on a variety of Phones by iwebercreative
- An Android application to find the hospitals in the local city - repost by alaymistry12
- Android horoscopes application by trafficmaster1
- Opcje binarne na ANDROIDA by globalbet
- Queue Management System - Counter Sevice - open to bidding by nasiratul
- mobile app for iOS and android by tmsmonaco
- Queue Management System - Counter service - repost by nasiratul