Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- It's a c2c marketplace app for IOS and android, please connect me, thank you very much! by leahhartman
- 365 thought mobile app by charlesmoore08
- Mobile app development by kalairavi52
- Mobile development by raulgarcia72
- Android app for data transfer and API by xirideqinwen2008
- Image processing project 3 - open to bidding by vickymoonmei
- Geo-location Android Application by hegc18
- Mobile development by nazirmax
- Write an Android Game Read Description. by Blunextech112
- Write an Android application by Raghu107