Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- iOS, Android Meme/Image Sharing App (to fit phones & tablets) by danoah
- HTML 5 Multiplayer Game : Teenpatti , Rummy and Court Piece by funelement123
- Write an Android and iPhone Application by rahulas
- Desenvolver um aplicativo para o Android by nurlanmahmud
- print photos on Canon IP100 from Android tablet / smartphone via Bluetooth by metten
- Decompile android apps by fulliptv
- Simple Android App by kwesiwebb
- Simple Android App by uyuyuy99
- Write an Android / iOS application by eprixmedia
- Write an Android Application and Create Play Store Account for me by atsoftpk