Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an iPhone application by roinussl
- Looking for example program | Android application with "Gestures" by igotmail9
- Mobile Development by dawayeayemay123
- Nonpublic project #6894913 by sterling7
- Android application take feed from one YouTube channel playlists by alaaelsherif
- ADDING ADS TO UNITY PROJECT by ManuelMilani
- Write an Android application by syedahmed369
- Need Graphic Design of Mobile Application by zhengguang04
- Write some Software by Divnain
- Need android ready source code game using cocos2D or other platforms by bangdroid007