Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an iPhone application by BYOBuilders
- Widget for To Do by chrfugl
- Envejecedor by telecomingmedia
- need a google youtube api demo - repost by talktosimon
- Write an Android and/or iPhone application by kpunchard
- ios and android app need today by AppBoss
- 20 Simple Android Games by paulmccarthy007
- Image Processing Project with OCR in Android by laleli
- Android game by adntrading
- Android Application for SMS send and Application Alarm on receiving particular format by akalantri