Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Voice broadcast taxi booking App. by smartsignals
- Write an Android application by parthkumarsavani
- Write an Android application by taptika
- Write an Android App based on an existing ios App by tjee0512
- Write an Android application by rayguclu
- High skill Native app developer by crownsky
- SEND SMS on fixed time interval by FlyProduction
- Android/Ios project work! by roasttechviton
- Write a pdf bookstore iPhone, Ipad and adroid application. Similar to AIS Bookstore app by andrecamara
- project to mobile app from website by brennosaliba