Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Video Chat app for Android by Sennovations
- Write an Android application similar to whatsapp by jitingambhir
- Mobile App - Travel and Leisure Locator by mosesmarimo
- Write an Android application by viconsoft
- Webcam video Streaming between Android mobile and PC by AHBkingman
- Someone to help with a Unity game in refinement and editing - open to bidding by KColahan
- poke things 2 by jonathanbringas
- Android Game Clone by uksarfaraz
- Extract Android update.img file and modify boot animation by pkarjala
- Android games source code by Visionariestech