Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- We need android application for magazine website by temoberishvili
- Android and IOS app by vw7539382vw
- DieNessplek by jaimpers
- Write an Android application by sergekanga
- Create a game in Unity 3D for mobile and web by redbeardsl
- android game x by pradeep8087
- Mobile Development by meryem86
- Develop Android Game by kamalmishra2000
- Write an word clock application -- 2 by johnitvn
- android chat application by hemantkatyal1