Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Mobile development by KenKnack2012
- Modification Required in existing App (Source Code will be provided) by sarakomal
- Andriod IOS app for data capture by rpicolli
- App Android para gestionar trabajos de mantenimiento en hogares by ljaimes
- Write a cross platform web application by cleavers88
- Add Interstitial ad to simple android by BitLabs
- Write an Android application by mitolee7
- Write an Android application by rshuff0808
- Android & IOS app needed by Thiyagujobs
- spy android app by evlyj