Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Develop an iPhone application and android application by rishab704
- Write an Android application to create youtube video and music library by taucon3
- Write an iPhone application by LeRowen1234
- Andriod Application Development by FourthScreenLabs
- Write an Android application by pindr356
- 3D Website Design , Mobile Application by mohab55
- Write an Android application by Logo2001
- Write an Android application by sumayyaalqibtich
- Need an iOS, android and php developer who can work at our office by iphonedeveloper9
- Mobile Development - Office Needed by kobizdh