Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Real Installs For Android App by devcrazzyapps
- Write an Android application by webtech10
- Write an iPhone application by dialocorp
- Android App by brisea888
- Build a Mobil Application (Android, iphone) Beacon BT by alexechegoyen
- Android App Required - iOS App Replicate - Social Network by TheOmyx
- Moderator For Android App by devcrazzyapps
- Project for vasundhara19 by Esoteric10
- Mobile application to connect Users. Lean Profiles/Search/Chat by Shezif
- DISEÑO DE APLICACION PROGRESIVA - open to bidding by renelomas