Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Android app for card game by rlservices
- Write an Android application by securedist
- Write an Android application by josephsonia94
- can you add admob to my publshed app? by oli322
- Mobile Development by AldoRein
- Fast Mobile App Professionals by MattDowning93
- My Campus Locator by lonelygrunge
- Tracks and reports the usage of a cell phone by llomeli
- Nonpublic project #6454993 by naveenpn
- Location based public forum for mobile - Repost - open to bidding by deepaksng