Simple UDP communication example
Today I’m going to show you how to create a really easy and simple UDP message sender and receiver.
Udp communication time diagram.
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the core members of the Internet Protocol Suite, the set of network protocols used for the Internet. With UDP, computer applications can send messages, in this case referred to as datagrams, to other hosts on an Internet Protocol (IP) network without requiring prior communications to set up special transmission channels or data paths. /wiki/
First of all let’s see the server side:
- String messageStr="Hello Android!";
- int server_port = 12345;
- int msg_length=messageStr.length();
- byte message = messageStr.getBytes();
This code snippet is easy to understand from variable names.
Now see client side:
You must to set the incoming message's maximum size.
- byte message = new byte;
That's it. And of course it works fine on Android too. :)
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Desenvolver um aplicativo para o iPhone e Android by RicoDomingues
- Image Capture with Geo Tagging Capabilities by srinivasit2004
- Mobile development by niraj856
- Create an iPhone application and Create an Android application by jrmbgyn
- Write an Android application by vignesh123b
- Mobile game app developer needed for project by knightrised
- Develop Android application simple app design ready call API Android, iOS Simple Easy task by bankertapan12
- Criar um app by pombalck
- Write an Android application by Ingentivetech
- Crear una aplicación para Android by Ubitiorrhh