Turn your TV into a Smart TV with Android 4.0
Smart TV units and integrated smart TV’s are the newest great thing for your living room and have become more and more popular over the last few months. If you have a normal TV though how can you make it smart without adding another large box to your list of devices? The answer comes from a kickstarter project that has already easily passed their $100,000 goal.
Pocket TV is a small Android operated computer packaged in a large thumb drive style that plugs into an HDMI port on any TV. Pocket TV supports 1080p output and comes with a microSD slot and 4GB of storage with wifi capabilities. As far as speed its more than enough with a 1GHz Cortex A9 processor and 512MB of RAM. If the 4GB of storage is not enough for you it does also have a USB port for external storage or IO device.
Since the Pocket TV is running the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS it’s function is that of a large Android tablet. While your TV won’t be touchscreen you can use either an IR remote, phone remote app or the wifi remote that they offer with the Pocket TV dongle.
Pricing looks to be around $135 if you get in now or if you wait until their expected October launch you can get it for around $190. The device will come with the Pocket TV dongle and their Air Remote.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Reverse Engineering IOS or Android APP by vw7468783vw
- Write an Android application by vinu121280
- Write some Software by vw7468783vw
- Write an Android - iPhone application whith geolocation and video capabilities by akoynadeis
- Fullstack React Native Mobile App for iOS & Android with Node.Js backend by esuite
- Write an iPhone application by errahulka
- Write an Android application by eusuff
- An application which helps people avoid heavy traffic. by janinepatillas28
- Help me with a 5 minute android task by codehelp87
- Mom's Organizer and Family Planner by bjkulkarni