Swiftkey's latest beta keyboard lets users undock and use anywhere
A new beta version of Swiftkey’s keyboard app for Android is out today and darn it if it’s not awesome. Key among the changes is the ability to undock it from the base of the screen and use it anywhere you’d like. What’s more, users can also choose from different sizes and styles to suit their needs. Both smartphones and tablets can download and install the same app as Swiftkey seeks to unify things. Indeed, the feedback from the community has helped bring this change about.
The three ‘Layouts for Living’ keyboards:
- Compact: On many larger phones it can be difficult to enter text and hold the phone with just one hand. This new feature reduces the width of the keyboard and allows for easier typing with one hand or gesture typing using SwiftKey Flow. It also frees up more of the screen estate on tablets. You can switch it from the left or right side of the screen by a long-press or by dragging.
- Thumb: For those who like typing on tablets in landscape or wide phones, the keyboard can be split into two areas, enabling fast, comfortable typing with both thumbs. Undock it from the base of the screen for even more flexibility.
- Full: The traditional full-width keyboard is still available and users with tablets can opt for a layout that is similar to the presentation of a physical keyboard. This layout has left and right cursor keys and the backspace is positioned above the enter key, making it easier to type with two hands when not holding your tablet.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Change user interface for android studio app by alaaodeh2000
- Modify an existing Android AND iOS APP by vmustang
- Write an Android application by giteshsawariya
- An app like uship by appdev44
- Write an Android and Ios application by menjeher
- Tarbiza tech by techvillageco
- Linphone customization for IOS , Android and Windows Desktop by tiramara2020
- Write an iPhone / Android application for Awards.AI voting by homeAIinfo
- Write an Android application by mabuhaniyeh
- Android Application Development for OpenCart Online Grocery Shopping Website by omprakashnit