Swiftkey's latest beta keyboard lets users undock and use anywhere
A new beta version of Swiftkey’s keyboard app for Android is out today and darn it if it’s not awesome. Key among the changes is the ability to undock it from the base of the screen and use it anywhere you’d like. What’s more, users can also choose from different sizes and styles to suit their needs. Both smartphones and tablets can download and install the same app as Swiftkey seeks to unify things. Indeed, the feedback from the community has helped bring this change about.
The three ‘Layouts for Living’ keyboards:
- Compact: On many larger phones it can be difficult to enter text and hold the phone with just one hand. This new feature reduces the width of the keyboard and allows for easier typing with one hand or gesture typing using SwiftKey Flow. It also frees up more of the screen estate on tablets. You can switch it from the left or right side of the screen by a long-press or by dragging.
- Thumb: For those who like typing on tablets in landscape or wide phones, the keyboard can be split into two areas, enabling fast, comfortable typing with both thumbs. Undock it from the base of the screen for even more flexibility.
- Full: The traditional full-width keyboard is still available and users with tablets can opt for a layout that is similar to the presentation of a physical keyboard. This layout has left and right cursor keys and the backspace is positioned above the enter key, making it easier to type with two hands when not holding your tablet.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an Android application by fhwszsqnlv
- Write an Android application by sundarram6
- Przygotowanie ROM-u by edci
- Need Review for my android app by iosdev26
- Simple mobile app by nmvictors
- Andorid Tv by tanerseyrek
- App for android - Challenging assignment - Not a simple app by devikasinghania
- android and iphone app by dfc2
- Write an Android application by ranjit4567
- Write some Software by letruong56