Samsung smartphones could see 560ppi resolution in 2014
Samsung’s next-generation smartphones could employ a ridiculous 2560 x 1440 resolution display, according to new details surfacing this week.
Samsung’s second annual Analyst Day event has yielded some outlines for the future of the company’s smartphone plans, including display resolutions, camera sensors, and processors.
Reportedly, the upcoming crop of smartphones may see 560 pixels per inch at a resolution of 1440 pixels. In essence, this is a 5.2-inch display with a picture that offers 78 percent more pixels than, say, an LG G2.
As if that’s not good enough, Samsung is hoping to pack in 4K displays (Ultra HD) by 2015. Indeed, we should be on the lookout for 3840 x 2160 pixels on smartphones. You know, because all of this is somehow perceptible to the human eye.
Next year should also also bring about a new 16-megapixel camera sensor as well as a 64-bit ARM chip for smartphones. We’ve heard rumors along these lines for both the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Samsung Galaxy F line.
Buckle up, it’s about to get crazy.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Maintain and extend an existing Android app by gcaussade
- Need Developer for Multiple App Ideas by OnomaSociety
- Mobile Development by msmprogramer
- Add Google Admob and scale game to fit any screen by scgrabowski
- Replicate/Copy/clone android software by ns9303128
- creating and markting a new app - open to bidding by ahwmmm
- Write an Android App like Instagram by rubenx86
- Mobile Development -- 2 by samuello123
- Mobile Development by samuello123
- Write an Android & iPhone application by musa3d82