Samsung smartphones could see 560ppi resolution in 2014
Samsung’s next-generation smartphones could employ a ridiculous 2560 x 1440 resolution display, according to new details surfacing this week.
Samsung’s second annual Analyst Day event has yielded some outlines for the future of the company’s smartphone plans, including display resolutions, camera sensors, and processors.
Reportedly, the upcoming crop of smartphones may see 560 pixels per inch at a resolution of 1440 pixels. In essence, this is a 5.2-inch display with a picture that offers 78 percent more pixels than, say, an LG G2.
As if that’s not good enough, Samsung is hoping to pack in 4K displays (Ultra HD) by 2015. Indeed, we should be on the lookout for 3840 x 2160 pixels on smartphones. You know, because all of this is somehow perceptible to the human eye.
Next year should also also bring about a new 16-megapixel camera sensor as well as a 64-bit ARM chip for smartphones. We’ve heard rumors along these lines for both the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Samsung Galaxy F line.
Buckle up, it’s about to get crazy.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Simple Ball Game on Android Using UNITY3D by musicman1336
- Android application by raviengg1234
- Create a Mobile "Sign In" Page by indesignco
- An easy Tinder-like app, with clear visual description of requirements and timeline. by nimabanai
- Fault Reporting App for Telecom provider by messagebrokerdev
- Cross-platform App linked to an exiting website by raidnet
- Convert .BBB file to .CSV by anilmaurya90
- Write an Android application by sureshtech886
- people counting app for android by desmondmrgn
- TypeScript - R1P1 by VirtualArtists