New Sony phones could complete a wireless charge in an hour
Wireless charging isn’t really anything too terribly cutting edge. Qi Adapters have been around for a year or two, and are available for a plethora of devices. Now, however, Sony is aiming to make wireless charging faster - much faster. As in, about an hour for a full charge.
Sony’s new wireless charging unit, which is based off of a new version of the Qi standard, is said to wirelessly transfer power at 10 to 15 watts. This ultimately cuts the charge time for most devices down to – you guessed it – approximately an hour.
While there is some concern about rocking that much power in a wireless transfer causing combustion, Rohm – a chip and power company involved in the new device – says that their chips are more than ready to handle the load.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Build a Unity3D wrapper for an iOS and Android mobile ads SDK by appzman
- Update existing iOS and Android Apps by TOconsultant
- Write an Android application by brechmos
- Create professional Android application you for your site or blog by YousefShahin
- Crear una aplicación para Android e IOS by arbh89
- I need an Sales order Android app by baruchsebat
- 'Send Payment URL' Function for Google In-App Product Purchases by Glowdawn
- modify an app by hamzabigred
- Write an Android application by thankumuch86
- Write an Android application by Albweini