New Sony phones could complete a wireless charge in an hour
Wireless charging isn’t really anything too terribly cutting edge. Qi Adapters have been around for a year or two, and are available for a plethora of devices. Now, however, Sony is aiming to make wireless charging faster - much faster. As in, about an hour for a full charge.
Sony’s new wireless charging unit, which is based off of a new version of the Qi standard, is said to wirelessly transfer power at 10 to 15 watts. This ultimately cuts the charge time for most devices down to – you guessed it – approximately an hour.
While there is some concern about rocking that much power in a wireless transfer causing combustion, Rohm – a chip and power company involved in the new device – says that their chips are more than ready to handle the load.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an iPhone application by BYOBuilders
- Widget for To Do by chrfugl
- Envejecedor by telecomingmedia
- need a google youtube api demo - repost by talktosimon
- Write an Android and/or iPhone application by kpunchard
- ios and android app need today by AppBoss
- 20 Simple Android Games by paulmccarthy007
- Image Processing Project with OCR in Android by laleli
- Android game by adntrading
- Android Application for SMS send and Application Alarm on receiving particular format by akalantri