New Sony phones could complete a wireless charge in an hour
Wireless charging isn’t really anything too terribly cutting edge. Qi Adapters have been around for a year or two, and are available for a plethora of devices. Now, however, Sony is aiming to make wireless charging faster - much faster. As in, about an hour for a full charge.
Sony’s new wireless charging unit, which is based off of a new version of the Qi standard, is said to wirelessly transfer power at 10 to 15 watts. This ultimately cuts the charge time for most devices down to – you guessed it – approximately an hour.
While there is some concern about rocking that much power in a wireless transfer causing combustion, Rohm – a chip and power company involved in the new device – says that their chips are more than ready to handle the load.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an Android application by AashutoshG
- Mobile Development by robruvalcaba
- on demand mobile application by grabvianet
- Write an Android application by animeshmukherjee
- A simple android app re-skining & Packaging by islametman
- who need app like how old i am by ghadiyasoft
- Need a developer with more than 5k active Android installs by atonmedia
- Need access to an - A M A Z O N P R O - account by amgothic80
- Leaderboard, "rate us" and social sharing button in Phonegap/Android application/ by qdibrov
- Mobile Development by ketacav