New Sony phones could complete a wireless charge in an hour
Wireless charging isn’t really anything too terribly cutting edge. Qi Adapters have been around for a year or two, and are available for a plethora of devices. Now, however, Sony is aiming to make wireless charging faster - much faster. As in, about an hour for a full charge.
Sony’s new wireless charging unit, which is based off of a new version of the Qi standard, is said to wirelessly transfer power at 10 to 15 watts. This ultimately cuts the charge time for most devices down to – you guessed it – approximately an hour.
While there is some concern about rocking that much power in a wireless transfer causing combustion, Rohm – a chip and power company involved in the new device – says that their chips are more than ready to handle the load.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- It's a c2c marketplace app for IOS and android, please connect me, thank you very much! by leahhartman
- 365 thought mobile app by charlesmoore08
- Mobile app development by kalairavi52
- Mobile development by raulgarcia72
- Android app for data transfer and API by xirideqinwen2008
- Image processing project 3 - open to bidding by vickymoonmei
- Geo-location Android Application by hegc18
- Mobile development by nazirmax
- Write an Android Game Read Description. by Blunextech112
- Write an Android application by Raghu107