New Sony phones could complete a wireless charge in an hour
Wireless charging isn’t really anything too terribly cutting edge. Qi Adapters have been around for a year or two, and are available for a plethora of devices. Now, however, Sony is aiming to make wireless charging faster - much faster. As in, about an hour for a full charge.
Sony’s new wireless charging unit, which is based off of a new version of the Qi standard, is said to wirelessly transfer power at 10 to 15 watts. This ultimately cuts the charge time for most devices down to – you guessed it – approximately an hour.
While there is some concern about rocking that much power in a wireless transfer causing combustion, Rohm – a chip and power company involved in the new device – says that their chips are more than ready to handle the load.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an Android application - Form - -- 2 by gouthamnagappa
- Write an iPhone/Android application by kennethteh
- Desenvolver um aplicativo para o Android by feehgdn
- Write an Android application - Form - by gouthamnagappa
- Ticket Wallet Xamarin app for iOS, Android and Windows Phone by vw7022567vw
- App for iPhone/android by Joshuas002
- Localise App in Android and Apple by Wootty
- Keyboard & intercept SMS by vixb
- Camera & Motion Functionality by thinkinit
- Social-based classified ads mobile app by appsofvalue