Netflix Android App Appears In The UK And Ireland
Despite recent stumbles, Netflix has successfully managed to become the de facto video streaming service in the US, Canada, and Latin America and now it has set its sights on Europe by launching in the United Kingdom and Ireland. This also means that the highly rated Netflix Android app is now available to Android device owners in those same countries.
Netflix has recently also negotiated a number of deals with various broadcasters and film studios, including Miramax, BBC, Lionsgate, MGM, Sony, Disney, Paramount, Channel 4, and ITV. These contracts will include the rights to stream shows like Doctor Who, Top Gear, Little Britain, Torchwood, Miss Marple, and Fawlty Towers. So, there is plenty of content for new subscribers!
To immediately start using the service, head over to the Netflix signup page and create a a free one month trial account (streaming after the first month will set you back £5.99 a month). Then head over to the Android Market and download the app.
Source: Netflix Blog Via: AndroidPolice
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Android app to share and connect to public wifi by vitran
- Write an iPhone application -- 2 by bobteo
- build cyanogenmod rom 1 by anil223
- Codez une application Android by ilyasovish
- build cyanogenmod rom by anil223
- Android app by rhysaurus2
- Teen Patti Gold editing by unixorder
- Write an Android app game by sjparker
- Rapid-fire chow by ZerausR
- App to list events for reminder in one section and add images in other section in the list as well by jitendra4