HTC might get the iPhone and iPad banned in the US?
Apple is gearing up to launch the next “not-so-revolutionary” device known as iPhone 5 in the upcoming days, and we know that Apple is not in a good relationship with Samsung and HTC. Well, after all the “lawsuit-games” played by Apple, it’s time for Apple to taste their own medicine.
According to a US judge, Apple may have trouble invalidating two patents held by HTC, related to data transmission. Actually the patents are critical to 4G LTE technology, and it could lead to a ban on the new iPad and the iPhone.
HTC purchased the 4G patents back in 2011, for a big amount of 75 million dollars, however HTC can easily go after Apple for a billion dollars now, if everything works according to the plan. Also the judge told Apple’s lawyer Michael McKeon “I don’t care if they bought these patents to sue you or not. They are a property right “, so someone is in a big trouble.
If the iPhone 5 is launched with LTE connectivity, I am sure they will be facing a big problem from HTC. The war between both giants are on from last two years, and this might be the chance when HTC can take the lead for Android. Let’s sit back, relax, and wait for the iPhone 5.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Create a Mobile Website by m255patil
- Make a cross platform app (android, ios and win 8) which will detect the user's location and allow the user to fill a form and send it as an email/sms so that we can further use it. by sambitmishra4one
- Build an app that will communicate with bluetooth printer by IgorRI
- Mobile Development by ashekbayev
- Need Android Developer by LearningNew
- Build an Android application(changes) by Vanthrone
- Add extra features by bu7assan
- Write an Android application by sandipstr
- Use Java library (JAR file) from Native Android C++ code by mattborum
- Write an iPhone application by vcashraf