HTC might get the iPhone and iPad banned in the US?
Apple is gearing up to launch the next “not-so-revolutionary” device known as iPhone 5 in the upcoming days, and we know that Apple is not in a good relationship with Samsung and HTC. Well, after all the “lawsuit-games” played by Apple, it’s time for Apple to taste their own medicine.
According to a US judge, Apple may have trouble invalidating two patents held by HTC, related to data transmission. Actually the patents are critical to 4G LTE technology, and it could lead to a ban on the new iPad and the iPhone.
HTC purchased the 4G patents back in 2011, for a big amount of 75 million dollars, however HTC can easily go after Apple for a billion dollars now, if everything works according to the plan. Also the judge told Apple’s lawyer Michael McKeon “I don’t care if they bought these patents to sue you or not. They are a property right “, so someone is in a big trouble.
If the iPhone 5 is launched with LTE connectivity, I am sure they will be facing a big problem from HTC. The war between both giants are on from last two years, and this might be the chance when HTC can take the lead for Android. Let’s sit back, relax, and wait for the iPhone 5.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Brandable Voip Mobile dialers - repost by muphys
- Make iOS Application from Existing Android Application, GPS, Music, TTS Experience Required by oliveseraph
- mobile affiliate program by monofeo
- iphone and android application by asifyouseef
- Iphone and Android APP Driving Service Locator. by ryanbeatty
- Android Soundboard App by M24Designs
- iOS & Android APPs Developer needed by trapmasked
- REMOTE INSTALL GPS TRACKING OF LOST/STOLEN MOBILE PHONE - repost by webologic
- amendment to Iphone face morphing application and migration to android application by prashantshukla83
- web and android application using catchoom by krball