How to Root Your Android Device the Easy Way
Did you know that having rooting your Android mobile device can open up a world of possibilities? Now hold on, don't start rooting yet. When learning how to root your Android device the easy way, it helps to understand what rooting is, the benefits of rooting, what safety precautions to take, and how to find the right process for your device. Here are the basics.
Rooting Your Android: In a Nutshell
Image via Flickr by Rafe B
When you buy a new mobile device, the manufacturer locks some settings. By rooting the device, you can gain super-user powers to change those settings. With full root access, you can alter settings in order to unlock the full potential of your device.
Benefits of Rooting Your Android
Gone are the mobile-device dinosaurs of the past. Newer devices offer faster speeds, better applications, and more options for customization. So if newer devices are so great, why would anyone want to change them?
Root access offers four great benefits. By rooting, you can:
- Speed up your device, making it faster to visit your favorite sites like Betway UK.
- Customize your device for a look that fits your personality.
- Remove those boring, preloaded apps you were never going to use.
- Download great apps that can only be used on rooted devices.
- Update your OS to the latest version (in the case of a Kindle Fire tablet, for example, where
the OS is not a true Android OS)
Let the Rooting Begin
Image via Unlock Root
Research is the key to safely gaining root access to your device and avoiding the aforementioned "expensive hockey puck" syndrome. Follow these four easy steps to safely root your phone and gain freedom from manufacturer restrictions.
- First, you must find the perfect app to unlock root access. Read all specs and reviews before you download to make sure it will work for your device. Unlock Root is one commonly used application, because it also allows users to un-root if needed.
- Once you've found the perfect app, start installing it on your device.
- Next, you can launch the app and begin the rooting process. If there is any problem during or after this installation, contact the app developer for troubleshooting help.
- You're almost done. Don't forget to restart your device so you can enjoy your new-found mobile freedom.
Safety First When Rooting
So why don't manufacturers automatically give buyers full control over mobile devices? Manufacturers lock certain settings and features to protect consumers who may not know what they're doing. It's imperative that you understand how to use a rooted device before you begin. If you don't, you may end up with an expensive hockey puck.
It's also vital to understand that rooting your device may void your manufacturer's warranty. The good news is, some apps let you to un-root your device (as we've already mentioned), which may allow your warranty to stand.
Rooting is a great way to get the most bang for your smartphone buck. With the invention of great rooting apps and wide research on the topic of rooting, it is now easier than ever to join the rooting revolution.
About the Author:
The author of this article, DJ Miller is a graduate student at the University of Tampa. He is an avid gadget geek who spends most his time writing on anything tech related. In his spare time he likes to travel, play soccer, and watch movies. You can follow him on twitter @MillerHeWrote
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Community Application for a Social Enterprise by gottalovelogan
- Build an Android version of my application by gottalovelogan
- Mobile development -- 2 by brijtrikha
- simple CRM mobile app with web backend by Willies12
- Crear una aplicación para Android by Quacrom
- Mobile development by mdebelentest001
- Desenvolver um aplicativo para o Android by LeandraSilva
- Desenvolver um site by duguinha
- Mobile development -- 39432 by webQA
- Write an Android application by amitga1982