Android lead: Google I/O “going to be different” this year.
Don’t look for any big new hardware or major releases in Android at Google I/O this week, it’s likely not going to happen. Google’s Sundar Pinchai, speaking with Wired, tells us that Google I/O is “going to be different” this year.
What can we expect from I/O this year?
It’s going to be different. It’s not a time when we have much in the way of launches of new products or a new operating system. Both on Android and Chrome, we’re going to focus this I/O on all of the kinds of things we’re doing for developers, so that they can write better things. We will show how Google services are doing amazing things on top of these two platforms.
We cannot say we’re upset or surprised by this as the conference is really all about developers and the ways in which they push Google’s products forward. To expect new hardware for the sake of keeping up with previous events is somewhat folly. Sure, we’d love to see a new phone or tablet but we’d understand if that doesn’t happen until this fall and the rumored-to-be-delayed “5.0/Key Lime Pie” release.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Fix my widget. by talkietalk
- Scrivere un'applicazione Android e iOS by crossartit
- app para servicio de taxi by sebasalvarezc
- Write an Android application by engmohabbadi
- una app per android e da valutare anche per iPhone by digitalab
- Write an Android application by albertopinton
- Mobile Development by rahul011235
- Android and I phone App by namdy01
- Develop mobile application by ghici33
- I need a programmer Mobile Games by iq6rb