Android lead: Google I/O “going to be different” this year.
Don’t look for any big new hardware or major releases in Android at Google I/O this week, it’s likely not going to happen. Google’s Sundar Pinchai, speaking with Wired, tells us that Google I/O is “going to be different” this year.
What can we expect from I/O this year?
It’s going to be different. It’s not a time when we have much in the way of launches of new products or a new operating system. Both on Android and Chrome, we’re going to focus this I/O on all of the kinds of things we’re doing for developers, so that they can write better things. We will show how Google services are doing amazing things on top of these two platforms.
We cannot say we’re upset or surprised by this as the conference is really all about developers and the ways in which they push Google’s products forward. To expect new hardware for the sake of keeping up with previous events is somewhat folly. Sure, we’d love to see a new phone or tablet but we’d understand if that doesn’t happen until this fall and the rumored-to-be-delayed “5.0/Key Lime Pie” release.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- business reviews android and ios app by bizeptech
- Mobile apps similar to AirBnb (but for hours, not just days) for ios and android by mayanknweb
- Experienced: Android application team needed with 10+ apps experience by reazhoque2000
- Build iphone app by appmediabiz
- Write an Android application - WSS by NickWCD
- Project for ajaynishad by Sharmv
- App Reskin + Minor Changes + ASO Android by nikyd123
- looking for an Android development trainer (Online) by niranjanachari
- Game reskin by cvll1
- Add a function to current app by vw6289066vw