Android lead: Google I/O “going to be different” this year.
Don’t look for any big new hardware or major releases in Android at Google I/O this week, it’s likely not going to happen. Google’s Sundar Pinchai, speaking with Wired, tells us that Google I/O is “going to be different” this year.
What can we expect from I/O this year?
It’s going to be different. It’s not a time when we have much in the way of launches of new products or a new operating system. Both on Android and Chrome, we’re going to focus this I/O on all of the kinds of things we’re doing for developers, so that they can write better things. We will show how Google services are doing amazing things on top of these two platforms.
We cannot say we’re upset or surprised by this as the conference is really all about developers and the ways in which they push Google’s products forward. To expect new hardware for the sake of keeping up with previous events is somewhat folly. Sure, we’d love to see a new phone or tablet but we’d understand if that doesn’t happen until this fall and the rumored-to-be-delayed “5.0/Key Lime Pie” release.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an Android application - repost by OPLIan
- Updating an Iphone and Andriod App by yomfaj
- Native Android Application (Developer Needed) by zarzau
- 3 Apps for Android by superclansgmxde
- Write an Android application to stream location info. by donakanti
- small iOS app needed(1 table and 1 form only) by neshgold99
- Write an Android Game - repost by jabrikjeh
- Magical Cat Game by parkashkumar55
- Write an Android application by Baggyben
- Login Android Facebook Api - repost by sirsendu6303