Android lead: Google I/O “going to be different” this year.
Don’t look for any big new hardware or major releases in Android at Google I/O this week, it’s likely not going to happen. Google’s Sundar Pinchai, speaking with Wired, tells us that Google I/O is “going to be different” this year.
What can we expect from I/O this year?
It’s going to be different. It’s not a time when we have much in the way of launches of new products or a new operating system. Both on Android and Chrome, we’re going to focus this I/O on all of the kinds of things we’re doing for developers, so that they can write better things. We will show how Google services are doing amazing things on top of these two platforms.
We cannot say we’re upset or surprised by this as the conference is really all about developers and the ways in which they push Google’s products forward. To expect new hardware for the sake of keeping up with previous events is somewhat folly. Sure, we’d love to see a new phone or tablet but we’d understand if that doesn’t happen until this fall and the rumored-to-be-delayed “5.0/Key Lime Pie” release.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Write an Android application by TuiyTuyHusseinM
- Write an Android application by vw8014722vw
- WTB existing script or mobile application: Poshmark / Threadflip (ig style buy-sell) by szalaidaniel
- develop android app ( Local Jobs app targeting India cities ) - open to bidding by CONTACTtulasi
- UI Android application modification by Zero55
- Write an Android application by Naqib11
- Mobile Development by mirettetarek
- Retrieving data from mobil CIA app(adaffix) by burhangullu
- Code review and ongoing development for mobile app by pfyau
- Write an Android application by moroalkhatib