ADC finalists to recieve SDK snapshots, deadline extension
Google has sent out emails to the top 50 applications from the Android Developers Challenge explaining some of the details of Phase II of the ADC. It appears that Google is going to be using these top 50 teams as a testers for new SDK snapshots. The only catch is that the developers must agree to a 'NDA' type of agreement forbidding screenshots or descriptions of new features:
As a Round 2 participant, we'll be providing you with the most up-to-date Android SDK so that you can take advantage of the latest tools & platform capabilities that will be shipping in devices later this year. These early access SDKs have many enhancements, additional features, and bug fixes. However, these SDKs have not had the same level of testing as public SDKs, so there are bugs; these releases are definitely "bleeding edge." As we continue to update the platform, you'll receive periodic drops of updated early access SDKs. We'll do our best to give you a rough timeline on when these early access SDKs will be available so that you can better plan your development schedule. Approximately 3 weeks before the submission deadline, we will provide a final early access SDK. You will need to submit your entry using this version of the SDK.
Since these early access SDKs are not ready for the public, you need to execute a special SDK license. This is the same SDK license that governs the public SDK with the addition of a confidentiality clause. We've attached the SDK license document to this email.
A source inside Google reiterates that these snapshots are not being made public only because of the instability and bugs. He also revealed that there will be a public SDK release in the "next several months". Also, because the teams will be dedicating so much time working with the new SDKs Google has decided to postpone the deadline until July 28th.
New tutorials from Helloandroid
Android on Twitter
Android Development Projects
- Build an Online Store by sethi229
- Building Mobile Apps by jwochka
- Mobile development -- 2 by ualbdah
- Crear una aplicación para Android y iPhone by NicolasCF
- Write an Android application : Sender only number message app by PPaii
- Write an Android application by ajit1369
- Shipping and delivery service mobile app by amjadhiary
- Simple Gear VR Android Application to switch between multiple video streams in realtime. by amproj
- Mobile development by advpmpl
- Integrating backend api by Sunxiyong0116